Thursday

Let There Be Light

POSTDATED - 25/04/12

Today I spent most of the day tinkering around with lighting, trying to match that of my source footage. I found this took a surprising amount of time, partly because lights and rigging is physically quite large and so a bit awkward to move around, and partly because I know absolutely nothing about proper lighting techniques.
Learning on the job, right?
Above is the final result of my setting up the first shot for animation. I could tell that it wasn't right, with the lighting being too harsh and not quite in the right direction. I asked in the photography department and arranged to meet one of the tutors for a crash-course in how to set up lighting.

In the meantime I did a quick test for some animation to see how the green screen was working.
Not entirely awful?

No comments:

Post a Comment